Home Energy, Footpaths Challenge

I have taken upon the challenge to write every week over 5 weeks a small article on my journey in reducing my carbon footprint. Footpaths, a community carbon reduction initiative in Leicester called for challengers and I responded to the call.

As I looked upon my computer screen, I wondered what I possibly could write about.

I completed the Footpaths 8 week session last year. Since then, I got myself a bicycle, I am travelling to work back and forth on it, offered one to my partner for Christmas, produced a lot more vegetarian meals but yet have to convince meat eaters at home, controlled a lot better my finances and got out of debt, open a bank account with an ethical bank, engage myself in reducing clutter and started to buy food from an
organic cooperative.

There are still things that I need to do. There always things that need to be done. Sometimes, I just do not want to look upon this particular list of things to do.

My main hurdle is Home Energy. We all know home are at the centre of our lives. We also know that they are responsible for over a quarter of the UK's Co2 emissions. I have not yet been really good with monitoring energy use, have yet to change my energy suppliers, ensure that all my lightings are energy saving bulbs and have some thermostatic valves on my radiators.



With this in mind, my next step is to go over Footpaths activities on Home energy, work out how much I use and develop a plan. Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...