The Queen and I - resting in peace - Sue Townsend and the Queen in conversation

September 8, 2022 - a normal day.

I am sitting at my desk. Merlin arrived, ready to help me dismantle the display for the Queen and I, art & craft project. Survivors of childhood sexual abuse at Quetzal created the display to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee, honoured our late patron Sue Townsend and showcased their talents.

As we dismantled the display, we discussed the possibility of reusing the artworks when the Queen will pass. Little did we know that it would be on the same day.

For Merlin, the 8th of September is a special day full of celebration with the birth of the Virgin Mary and in her hometown back in India, they also had a full day of celebration. As she shared with me the meaning of the day, I thought, yes it is a special day.

I returned home under the heavy thunderstorms, entered home, took off my shoes, and walked up the stairs to greet my husband. He announced that the Queen passed. I could not help it. I shed a tear for her family. 

Later, I wondered what conversation the Queen and Sue Townsend will have looking from heaven upon us watching the various 'isms' at war.

Q: It was all a dream

S: Oh yes, that's was. You had a good one, didn't you?

Q: it all depends on which trees you are sitting on...

S: Yes, some of your people put trees in the shade, can't forget hell close, what a doomed place to sit on a tree

Q: I did ask if they could move them, but even when the Queen asks...

S: they don't always listen, do they?

Q: Well, they are not as deaf as one may think.

S: Thick, dare I say?

Q: they can eventually be smooth over

S: With a lot of asking

Q: Yes, wit, patience and intelligence

S: Is Charles III up to the tasks?

Q: yes, as well as all of my subjects

S: Let's pray that they keep on dreaming and restrain themselves from turning their present into a nightmare

Q: may god save them all...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...