Positive Money Leicester- January 28th - 1st Meeting

After the success of our first event, it was now time to convene together with a group of like-minded people to get the ball rolling.

I launched my call for people to join me at De Montfort University - Room 0.07 at 7pm.

I advertised the event online, shared the words in various groups, Transition Leicester, Permaculturists, Twitter and Facebook Communities. I sent the info to my mailing list but who knows what is going to happen.

Among the Yeses & Apologies, some questions:

One of the questions asked was whether the difficulty to spread the word via social media was due to general apathy or fear of the supposed complexity of the issue.

With no judgement and bias, I do not know. But I am sure that the message is acknowledged by some.

One of the second question was to know how many people would be present.

Ultimately, I do not know. But as long as the people who are coming want to contribute and do something, it will be good enough.

What I know is that by sharing information , I am fulfilling my social responsibility as a citizen and by being present at meeting for social change, I am participating in democracy. About others, knowing what they do or not, I remain optimistic that they are walking in the same direction as mine.

The horizon towards a better future is big, let's just keep walking towards it.

Next Meeting for Positive Money Leicester - 18th January 2014 - 7-8.45 - De Montfort University - 0.07
Drop me an email for more info - moneyleicester@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...