Footpaths Challenge - Changing direction

For this week letter, I have decided to change my direction quite profoundly and share with you all some of my feelings about change for sustainability.

I am doing currently my Ph.D around Design for Sustainable Behaviour. It is already agreed that products, services and systems strive to influence people's behaviour. But to do it consciously is another matter. Design for sustainable behaviour attempts to change people behaviour as they are interacting with product. The designer become the person responsible in this endeavour. There are a number of ethical issues surrounding such topic which is completely understandable. Giving control to technology to change our behaviour is quite dramatic, yet it is what is happening on the daily basis. We battle our way against technologies in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...