Child of artists

I was born in a family of artists where paintings and theatre plays danced together throughout the night. In my first home, the walls from time to time will display new colours. I always admired art appearing on the walls of our buzzing home. My second home was the theatre. I always love the sight, smell and sound of the rehearsals. My favourite moment in a theatre is when the light goes off and that you know you cannot come out until the play is over.
Growing up, I became petrified that my own art will be judged as insignificant compared to my parents. It has taken a lot of time and crafts to have pride in my work and for me to take over my own world. I met mentors along the way who helped me to become what I am today channelling my vulnerabilities towards greater schemes. I am forever grateful. I thank my parents to have open my eyes to opportunities. They have managed with almost none or little education to create a world of their own. A beautiful one. Sometimes, I wish that they would have shown me earlier on how to create my own. At the same time, their laissez faire attitude forced me to find my own solutions, fending for myself. It will all pay off at the end.

Tell us your experience as an artist's child

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...