Why taking a postgraduate loan is not a good idea?

If I could turn back in time, I would not have taken a loan for my master or at least a smaller amount and try my best to work part-time throughout the master so I can pay it off as soon as possible. Taking a loan to study, and then working to repay it, it is the worst social contract you can make with society.

I remember writing this in my diary:

The alarm goes off.
It is 6 o'clock in the morning.
I wake up.
I feel nice and warm under the blankets and all I wish is if I could stay there a bit longer.
Next to me, I can feel the warm body of the man I love. I am on the top of the world.
I wish really deeply that I can stay a little bit longer next to him.

The alarm goes off again
It is 6.10 o'clock in the morning.
He gets up.
It is too nice under the blankets. I am asking why do I have to get up, get ready, fight the cold, catch the bus, then another bus and finally get to work, stay there for 8 hours and finally come back.
I can stay under the blanket a little bit longer.
Does my survival really depends on my workplace, I have already everything that I need.
I have a house above my head, money in my bank account, food on the table.
Then, I am reminded.
I took a loan to be able to complete my master and so I need the money to reimburse that loan.
So I get up. 
I get ready, get out of the house and get grinding.
I know deep inside there is another way for me to achieve all of my dreams without having to travel so far to get an income.
It is the beginning of the journey.

I look forward to find the other way. Well I did, and it was too late. So if you want to do your master, please get the money first. Or, get your company to pay for it, or if you decide to take a loan, ensure that you work throughout it to pay as much as you can before you start working.

With this said,

I am out ;)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...