The Moneyless Manifesto by Mark Boyle - Review



I have recently read, Mark Boyle's Moneyless Manifesto. It resonated with me in many ways. He highlights the extent to which we are disconnected from the system which support out lives as we strive through and around the lenses of money. During my master thesis with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation at Cranfield University, those who I interviewed highlighted this issue as the main challenge to achieve a truly sustainable system. Individuals, businesses, politicians and educators are all slow down in their innovation pathways by the money paragdim.

But the question remain can we really live without Money? Mark Boyle did it over three years. Throughout the book, he offers advices and personal experiences to support the idea that it is possible to do without. Other authors, researchers, practitioners in their own field offer guidance on how to implement some solutions for a moneyless living.

Sometimes, his own experience such as successful healing from an infection using plants made me slightly skeptical. I recognised that my reaction was based on fear by asking myself question starting with 'What if'. 'what if I don't have money and get very ill?' 'what if the plants I used are poisonous' what if? what if? what if?' 
I also accepted that I do not know much about the healing abilities of plant and promised myself to get to know them better. 

Gift Circle on the 7th June 2014 at 3pm Riverside Festival 
But there are three things that I will do:

First organising a 'gift circle' (On the 7th of June 14). Getting people together is my forte and I really like the idea of giving out of generosity. 
Secondly, using 'MoonCup' because with standard hygienic pads, I pollute every month, with the MoonCup I won't!. 
Finally, why not organising a festival...'a festival of making' in Leicester in 2015 (I'll keep you posted)!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...