Everything wrong with Environmentalism - Bitesizevegan did it - Is it the start of a vegan journey?

I browsed my Facebook Feed. Mo posted the following video 'Everything wrong with environmentalism in 11 minutes'.
.
I watched the whole 11 minutes. I asked myself why animal agriculture and its impacts on the environment is not further talked about in environmental campaigning. Later that day, I went to a peer to peer support group on reducing our carbon footprint supported by Footpaths. The session focused on home energy, the food session is to come later. I'll reserve my conclusions by then and maybe also talk about methane and other dangerous gases. I am still not clear on my position on 'what is wrong with environmentalism?' The video keeps playing in my mind.

I am a meat-eater. I reduced my meat intake in the past but I have been slacking recently as families and some peers are not really supportive on the vegan/vegetarian lifestyles. I do like the taste of meat, I cannot lie.

In the evening, I watched the video a second time with my partner, I read a few vegan stories (glowingfridge, huffpost, joyfulvegan). They mentioned the documentary 'Vegucated' which affected them so much that they embrace a vegan lifestyle.

I watched it the following morning. It worked. I am disgust by animal agriculture practices. I order a vegan kit from PETA, signed up to a number of online communities. Is it the beginning of something? I am not sure. I learnt today that there is animal products in cigarettes from bitesize vegan. Smoking dead animals' ashes (WTF).

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...