Becoming an investor for a fairer world

After having written a piece on how my relationship with capitalism affects my carbon footprint? and receiving feedback indicating that my individualistic goals to want to purchase solar panels were not good enough to facilitate the transition towards a sustainable system of production and consumption, because it encourages me to serve a system that exploit resources and labour and not supporting others in changing their behaviour.

I started to wonder.

It is true unfortunately as long as there are no other alternatives of production and consumption that is fairer, more caring towards the environment and the people that inhabit the earth, we will be stuck in an endless and vicious circle of guilt and blame.

There is no way that we can move towards an ideal world of fairness without having to dance with the devil, hence working for corporations that pollute, exploit and influence for us to extract value which can be re-invested into a greener future

To change the deal, I have to extract value and re-invest it in something I believe.

I have to become an investor.

You see an employee has very little say in the way businesses and government decide to direct sustainable actions and they earn very little.
A self-employed person still remains at the grip of what corporations decide to do. They exchange value through the number of hours they put in but what happen if they burn out,  disappear...
A business owner works with other people to create value and has a lot more influence in relation to sustainability goals.
An investor win it all.

My solar panels is a form of investment and it will allow me to create value economically, environmentally and socially.

I want to invest more in green schemes but for that I need the mean of exchange that is at play in our current system i.e. money.  Money is a mean of exchange and it homogenises behaviour across the world. If all the money is earned and redistributed towards creating an environment that is fairer and more beautiful, why not?

We all need to extract value from the current destructive capitalist system and reinvest it into green schemes.

No one should make me feel guilty or blame me to want to re-invest my power into something I believe in, they should blame people who buy clothes and fancy cars instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...