What my broken boiler taught me

There is nothing like a broken boiler to remind you how entitled delusional self centred and privileged human being you are.
Within the comfort of the home, the thin layer of the civilisation bubble, I have the impression that nothing can collapse: the water will remain warm, the water will remain clean, fridges and pantry are full of food and my bank account still in overdraft.
I am still producing and consuming what nature provides.
Oh yes, I am separated from nature. Do you know I am inside the home, not roaming the streets or the woods like an animal... sleeping in the ground like a vegetable.
I am also pretty clever too, I have university education from some human institutions, no squirrel nut diploma, I studied in england, an island where there is a queen...
I work as well.
I participate in the progress machine for a better future for all humans beings.
I thought i'd help animals too but I have been told they are already dying. So the focus is on humans, not the planet because it has to make economic sense and we still need our comfort and beliefs in human civilisation.
I am being told that humans are envisioning the future, or futures for all humans. All the future stories are linked to the myth of progress and are full of unattainable goals to keep us producing and consuming. The truth is that you'd be dead or the ecosystem that support your lives destroyed regardless of the progress that'll be made...
So carry on living in the dream or reality. The end is near.
The broken never can be repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...