The story of loss

My father used to say that the funeral is for the living.
I interpreted that the funeral is a reminder of our little time we have on this planet and the need for us to rejoice thinking about what we have shared with the person we lost and also look to the future and think about how we are going to transform.
We never lose the people we love. The love we have for them remains. Their presence is conditional because of the forces at play in this world but the love is unconditional.

I forgot this when my dad lost his memory. I had deep sorrow and I was so indecisive as to how I will evolve. THe comfort having him into my life was a cocoon from which I did not want to come out of.
God will teach you to grow sooner or later, so let it go and LOVE LIFE whilst it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...