To be a successful ethical entrepreneur, you need a Genuine Love for People

MeganMakesGood Hens & Parrots


''To be a successful ethical entrepreneur, you need a Genuine Love for People'' Laura Santamaria from Sublime Magazine

What happened this week?

This week, I went to the Artisans of Market Harborough Fair in the Old Grammar School with Jill from Megan Makes Good. The day was absolutely gorgeous, the sun was high, the sky was blue, and the city was buzzing with activity. We arrived at the fair and Jill set up with another nine people in the room while inviting me to have a walk around town.

When I came back, beautiful items made up by the different artists filled the room. As the day went on, there were different energies on display in the room. Some people were more disappointed than others on how well the event went and pondered who is the primary beneficiary of the fair (i.e., the organiser or the trader).

On my side, the day was absolutely fabulous. I met wonderful people in and outside of the fair. There is a church next to the Old Grammar School. I went in and could feel what it is to be a community. Those people were so welcoming and loving.

On the same day, I posted on my Instagram a question asking the Instagram community what does it take to become a successful entrepreneur. The experiences of the various entrepreneurs at the artisan market inspired the question.

Laura Santamaria who is running Sublime Magazine replied to my question. She said that To be a successful ethical entrepreneur, it takes Genuine Love for people.

I believe this to be TRUE because it is hard work to get people to follow your work and buy from you, it is hard work to get people to support you in making your business a success, it is hard work to be liked if no one knows you. The item can be beautiful. The connection is more important.

Lavender bags by MeganMakesGood
After the event, I wondered who in the room developed connections in Market Harborough before the event and benefitted from those connections to share all their gifts.

The primary beneficiary for the event success is the TRADER. By ripping the most benefits, they are simultaneously the ones with the most responsibilities because they take the most financial risks. For those reasons, they have to put the work in to create the social connections that may yield an ROI. They have to Genuinely love people to get out of your way and let them know that it is because they care that they are coming in their town to share their gift. If this has not been done, they may as well consider themselves LATE to the fair regardless of how early they left their home.

From my experience from the fair, I can say that I will take some time before considering going to a fair. At the moment, my eBay sales are going well; I have a new collaborator ready to list some items with Bazar Heureux. I also received excellent advice from Jill, Viki which I am going to apply. I need to improve the descriptions on my articles and share with more people what I am up to and see where the wind blows. New collaborators and contributors to the Bazar Heureux may appear.

Let see what next week bring for my vision to be complete.

Exciting!

Some of the people who were present at the artisan market
Khulelo
@thepapercreative
@sadie_and_sid
@louisecrookendenjohnson
@sarahkingarts
@simply.shaker


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...