Marlene Reid Centre with Quetzal

Quetzal Stories of Change Exhibition opens on the 18th September 2021. I am well looking forward to pulling it all together. One of my goals is to tour all or part of the exhibition in various venues in and out of Leicester.  In this process, I identified some funding to support the tour as well as venues that could host the exhibition. This week on Wednesday in particular, I had a field trip and visited the Marlene Reid Centre, a long standing community centre in Coalville. On the Wednesday, they host a food market with a cooking station, a cafĂ©, they also sell clothes uniform. They invited me to fill a bag of veg for £1, browse the charity and their furniture shop and even snacks on some lovely Turkish food. Stories were shared with me about how women in the area used the centres and how significant it is to educate about trauma, sexual and domestic violence. They had in the past training with Women's Aid s uprooting female survivors on their journey. Anywoo, we agreed on the space in the main entrance to host the exhibition. I returned home, satisfied. I tied up further lose ends for the tour and arrange few more meetings with the University of Leicester as well as North West Community Safety Partnership which are planning an exhibition in November. We will also be looking at having few pieces there too.

What else at Quetzal
The London Landmarks half-marathon is happening this Sunday. M and I have been discussing running it for the next edition.. Are you to follow.
The NCS team did not pick us this week, still we shared a video of our volunteers with them.
We submitted our quarterly report to the our Leicestershire Clinical Commissioning Group. 
I am considering completing afundraising qualification and here come the question is it better to complete the qualification from the FSI or the Chartered Institute of fundraising? If you've got an answer for that please tell me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...