Publishing Publishing Publishing

What happened this week?

I published many resources online for people to pick upon and disseminate. 

Our Quetzal Stories of Change event and the list of artists and organisations who will display at the event is on Quetzal Website. On Monday I will send the invitations to all and disseminate across the stratosphere. I also shared the results of our community discussion on what we can do to raise awareness in BAME communities about the trauma of childhood sexual abuse.
I had a great meeting with the team if Let's talk about sexual violence about creating a bigger impacts with their exhibition both in Leicester and Liverpool by paying to a pot of fundings and determining some key activities. Watch this space!
I had a great conversation with a funder about the questions to ask oneself when applying fundings. To give you a bit of a back story, I applied for some funding to tour the exhibition in Leicestershire. We received only part of the funding to support with our counselling activities.the main reasons were that sheer amount of applicants forcing the funders to ask themselves which activities offered by the applicants support the most vulnerable people. In our application, cousnelling was the activity supporting the most vulnerable whilst the exhibition was targeting the general public which may not be vulnerable as such. It was such a great feedback which will help me moving forward in developing better applications. 
Other things, I worked on at Quetzal is our upcoming litter picking event organised by one of our volunteer community connectors beginning of October. I am so looking forward to this. Especially as I am planning one event like it in Braunstone Frith. Let me know if you would like to be involved?

In the Leicester Fixers world, I am posting everyday on our page and engaging in conversation about Leicester Fixers development. One discussion is about how can we make Leicester Fixers more accessible to women and children? The other is if we were to write a book about repair to generate more funds -  who would be the main audience? I have to think more about that.

Other things are slowly developing in the background and I can't wait to share with you more when the time comes. We are with partners claiming more space to create change, we are taking that space and will expand. That is something to look out for!!

Looking forward to hearing how things on your side and how we can collaborate some more. All the best. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...