Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival 2015, Chris Purchase and my obsessive kettle

I have been sending emails to an incredible number of UK comedians to promote the Green Festival of Making and Mending at the Dave's Leicester Comedy's Festival 2015. I must say that most comedians I know are Gad El Maleh, Jamel Debouzze and other French International comedians such as Russell Brand. So it feel good to extend my horizon.

After about 40 emails sent, I received my first answer from Chris Purchase, check me out! 

How snuffed I was. I did it! congratulating myself excitedly. My hands in the hair, scratching the surface of my brain, I have linguistic persuasive email power (Yes you do in a Stallone Voice). It took me a while to reply as I chose to procrastinate writing this blog post instead. What could I respond to him after asking him if he would make one or two positive jokes on making and mending at his show on the 21st of February 2015 (more info and to book), promoting in turn our endeavour.

See, he replied (rewrote for the purpose of this post):  'Why not? I make and upcycle too' (with the voice)

What!!! a maker! (I am dreaming said the groupie inside myself). Indeed yes, from this point onwards, I was lost in the midst of self-contemplation. All I wanted to reply was: 

'I am very curious to know what you are able to do with your hands. 
You see, I have not yet master my kinaesthetic powers and I am deeply obsessed with those who do. This is why I am organising the Green Festival of Making and Mending in Leicester on the 31st October 2015. 
Like a material girl failing to learn a new skill such as making a burger and a bag from Louis Vuitton, I shop makers like a cougar who lost her youth, like a falling star who lost her fans. Give me a bit of your magic for a moment. I need my hands to reappear from nothingness just to get the chance to make, repair and upcycle my broken kettle.'

Well, it is not exactly what I replied. But I am quite happy with the sudden splurge of creativity. My dad will be so proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...