The New Mobile Phone Dilemma PART 1

Every 6 Weeks, I organised a Restart Party at Leicester Hackspace along with a number of amateur/professional repairers.

My first trial at repairing an item was a mobile phone.

The poor thing painfully fell in the middle of the street as I was cycling home after a gorgeous meal with friends in an Indian restaurant. The screen was cracked and my belly was full.

I was paired up with a bald head man quite tall. He is related to one of my acquaintance who is really involved in environmental campaigning in Leicester. He is warm and a very good pedagogue. He never repaired a mobile phone like mine before. We know that there are plenty of guides online. Together we decide to give it a go.

I am smiling and cheering as we are trying to open the piece of equipments. How wonderful those green and copper pieces are assembled together. It looks beautiful, a real piece of art. We take off all the parts to reach the front screen. We replace it. We put all the pieces back together. Turn the phone on. It is not working. We are scratching our head asking ourselves what went wrong.
We reopen it, take all the piece out. Here it is, we damaged the LCD screen as we were trying to take out the front screen.

He is very sorry and feels that he is fault. I reassure him that it is ok and it was one of the greatest experience I had. I truly enjoyed it.

I have to buy a new spare part.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

"What does climate justice mean to you?"my response

  For   #biggreenweek   #climatejusticeconversation   "What does climate justice mean to you?" asked Climate Actio Leicester Leice...